Podcasting is fundamentally changing the way content is delivered to audiences. Sure, audiobooks, films and commercials have always existed – but with podcasting it is now the individual content creators who take their game to a whole new level and revolutionize the industry in the process!
For many of us, content creation has been done solely in the form of written content and possibly some online videos. The problem with this is that with over a billion active websites on the internet, it all gets pretty overwhelming. If you got the idea of reading a 1,000 word article for 10 to 20 minutes, you have already lost half of your audience.
Everything has changed with podcasting. Here are just a few reasons why:
- It’s free and easily accessible
- Apple iTunes is already used by most of the people
- Choose who and what you want to hear
- Episode lengths of all sizes to suit your schedule and needs
- The power of engagement is over 1,000 greater than reading text
It’s not just content creators and online marketers who are getting into the podcasting space, either. It is also quickly inundated with celebrities, brands, and companies around the world, giving it legitimacy and reach.
Check out some of the top business podcasts that are making the rounds on iTunes right now. Well-known names like Gary Vaynerchuk, Michael Hyatt, Jim Cramer and Michael Stelzner are on the list, but you will also find new players in this section every day – right in the New and Noteworthy section.
All of this comes together and proves that anyone can start their own podcast and build their own audience. If you’re still on the sidelines and looking for a reason to start a podcast, here are five to get you started.
Podcasting is real and it’s here to stay. It’s not just about strengthening your brand and reaching new audiences, it’s also about taking that relationship to a whole new level. Imagine the commitment you would have when you physically speak to or listen to someone instead of reading an article they wrote. Make the most of the opportunity to achieve the same goal while exercising in the gym or commuting to and from work every day.
Let’s check out 12 Must-Listen Podcasts for savvy marketers, as originally featured by John Rampton in one of his recent Forbes articles. In addition to the brief recap of all of the recommended business podcasts below, we also have a full visual infographic for you to follow.
12 Marketing Podcasts For Entrepreneurs Not To Be Missed Out On
- Business Failures – Business Failures have already garnered 150+ five-star ratings, featuring various industry leaders talking about their life changing failures and the steps they took to level up after failing.
- PNR: That Old Marketing – Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi keep their audience up to speed on the latest trends and strategies in content marketing. This podcast is for you.
- The Solopreneur – Hosted by Michael O’Neal, the Solopreneur aims to help those who consider themselves unemployed by leading them on the right path to succeed on their own terms.
- Mixergy – Listen to Andrew Warner as he interviews the best of the best and asks them awkward and thought-provoking questions to create the greatest success and heartbreaking failure of his guests.
- Entrepreneur On Fire – Get involved with today’s entrepreneurs and business leaders from John Lee Dumas’ award-winning EOFire or Entrepreneurs on Fire podcast.
- Growth Everywhere – The Growth Show is HubSpot’s business podcast. Its aim is to help executives and business people grow their ideas, business, movement or team.
- The Growth Show – Growth Everywhere is a podcast dedicated to growing your business and your personal growth. so the namesake.
- Smart Passive Income – Smart Passive Income is what it is – it helps you find passive income resources so you can have more time to move on with your other endeavors. It’s full of stories and lessons that Pat Flynn, the founder, experienced.
- Manager Tools – If you want to become a better manager and gain valuable insights into managing your team, Manager Tools has a very comprehensive set of tools and resources to help you achieve this goal.
- The James Altucher Show – Psychologist and bestselling author James Altucher brings you not only business insight but finding your passion and purpose and building to bring you profit.
- EntreLeadership – EntreLeadership is hosted by Ken Coleman. It contains lively discussions about business and leadership that can expand your knowledge and insights.
- Rise of the Entrepreneur – Zac Johnson interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs who are spilling the beans on the best tips and tricks to start, grow, and run a successful business.
12 Must-List Marketing Podcasts For Business Owners Infographic