“If you want to improve your marketing game, you have to do everything in your power to understand trending strategies,” said Rachel Pisani, social marketing expert. “Podcasts are fantastic resources for getting more insights and optimizing your social media content.”
But which podcasts? That is the question.
Pisani is a marketing and business development professional with over 20 years of experience. She has expertise in strategic planning, branding and coherent marketing. She represents international speakers and successful trainers such as Dr. Dave Martin and life coaches like Danielle Hammack. She has also worked with non-profit organizations as an attorney for cancer victims and as a liaison between federal and state regulatory agencies. She was a regular on FOX News, NBC News, and testified before the Senate Finance Committee.
I met Pisani at Influence18, the National Speakers Association’s national convention, and asked her to rate her top marketing podcasts.
She believes every marketer should listen to these eight podcasts:
1. Call to Action: Call To Action covers the basics of digital marketing on a weekly basis. Hear from experts on tips and tricks for optimizing conversion rates, pay-per-click marketing, A / B testing, social media marketing, content marketing, and more.
2. Social Media Marketing Podcast: Would you like a more engaging social media profile? Michael Stelzner, CEO of Social Media Examiner, will help you improve your social media marketing strategy in this podcast. Hear success stories and current industry trends that are optimizing your content.
3. Coffee Marketing: This is the perfect podcast for your coffee break. The hosts record the show at a local cafe every week and post it Thursday morning. Every Thursday they go through traditional and marketing methods that are essential to a reliable marketing strategy.
4. Social Pros Podcast: Get to know real experts in the content marketing industry. Get professional advice on public relations best practices, building your brand narrative, and more.
5. Success made easy: Learn how to develop a successful mindset and be successful in your company. Hear interviews with top marketing and business professionals, athletes and celebrities about the keys to their success and how they inspire your brand identity and marketing strategy.
6. HBR IdeaCast: Hear from business leaders on the Harvard Business Review (HBR) IdeaCast. Learn how these business people rose to success and apply the methods to your own business.
7. Copyblogger FM: Every week, the moderator Sonia Simone brings something new and exciting with her, and her team analyzes the week’s content marketing trends and falls. Stay up to date with the ever-changing practices in content marketing, copywriting, email marketing, conversion optimization, mindset, and more.
8. Eternal intercourse: With Perpetual Traffic you will learn how to generate more leads and sales for your company through various social media channels. There is a new episode every Tuesday.
“The benefit of listening to podcasts is that you can increase your brand awareness, build a social media presence, and discover specific marketing campaigns that can help you increase your sales,” says Pisani.