Social media is essential to the success of any company’s digital marketing strategy. Even so, brands of all types and sizes are not making full use of this tool. While the number of “Follows”, “Likes” and “Shares” is always important, there is even more to a brand’s credibility. Social media today requires unique skills that allow brands to fully understand the needs of their audience.
1. Start using chatbots.
You may have heard it before, but the chatbots are here. This is not surprising as they are the only digital tool that can communicate and solve your customers’ problems without human interruption. In addition, chatbots are integrating into the platforms that consumers are now most comfortable with: social media. These platforms make it easy to integrate an AI-powered chatbot into your social media strategy. You can use these tools to create a chatbot that:
• Does not require any programming knowledge.
• Can answer customer questions.
• Can take orders and comments directly from Facebook Messenger.
• Integrates into all common payment systems.
2. Create a personalized experience for your customers.
Chatbots are not only a great way to automate certain everyday tasks, and if implemented correctly, you can use your chatbot to create more personalized experiences for your customers. Stop linking your ads to your landing pages only and create ads that will redirect your audience to a Messenger window using your chatbot. Associate ads with your chatbot:
• Break customers’ traditional views of you by simply trying to sell them.
• Make your customers’ experience more personal.
• Increase your sales.
• Build a loyal fan base.
3. Create an effective content marketing strategy.
Quality is key and content is no exception. Content marketing has long been an important form of marketing and that shouldn’t change anytime soon. A lot of brands don’t associate great content with the right posting schedule and frequency. High quality SEO content combined with all of the above will help you get the right customers at the right time. In addition to the ability to attract organic audiences, a good content marketing strategy can be implemented for free. Make sure you create a relevant hashtag strategy with your optimized and complete content.
4. Create a community for your audience.
While “followers” and the many other metrics are important, they are not the “all and the end” of social media success. You have to show your audience that you are not just a robot. Incorporate personality into your posts through humor and emotion so your audience can identify with your brand. Social media is about being social, and if your customers keep seeing the same types of posts over and over again, they’ll lose interest. Make your communication interactive by:
• Ask questions to your audience.
• Get their opinions on specific topics.
• Share updated information, not just information about your products or services.
• Like and share some of their posts, not the other way around.
• Ask them to use “Like” and “Share” to interact directly with your posts.
5. Liven up your profiles with a diverse content strategy.
People react to good pictures, funny videos, and interesting podcasts every now and then. Spice up your content by using this type of media on a regular basis. Your social media pages will look boring when all you post and share is text. So use other types of media to get your audience’s attention. It’s also a great way to personalize your brand.
6. Use brand ambassadors.
Your best advertising medium is the people who love your brand. Instead of focusing entirely on attracting new customers, why not use your existing customers? In addition to your existing customers, you could use your own employees. To use your employees as brand ambassadors, you need to:
• Create branded social media guidelines.
• Educate your advocates about social media best practices
- Add an executive to each section of your social media advocacy plan.
• Track the correct data to identify areas of improvement and those that are performing well.
7. Create profiles on relevant channels.
Today, people create profiles on all available social media channels with the aim of reaching as many people as possible. Unfortunately, with this setting you will not reach the target group you have chosen. Hence, it is important that you consider your buyers when choosing your social media channels. For example, you may not necessarily need a LinkedIn profile if you are starting a Gothic clothing brand; You also don’t have to be on Pinterest to advertise your monitoring services.
8. Set a budget for social media.
Social media platforms are one of the forms of marketing, if not the most important. Allocating the right budget for your social media activities is critical to your success. Additionally, using that budget with the right strategy is the most cost effective way for you to reach your selected target audience. Since social media is used on a much more personal level, you’ll also find that it’s a place where you can make a much deeper connection with your customers.
9. Start cross-channel campaigns.
Run cross-channel campaigns on all of your social media channels to keep your customers even stronger. Keep in mind that these campaigns are run by pretty much every company today. So you need to gain an edge to stand out from the crowd. Add an emotional component to your social media campaigns so that your audience can relate to your cause. An effective cross-channel social media campaign:
• Tell a compelling story.
• Link to a specific landing page that will give your audience more information about your campaign.
• Have a unique and memorable name associated with relevant hashtags.
10. Tell a story by going live.
Yes, your content tells the story of your brand as a whole, but why not let your audience know what is happening with your business in real time? In addition to other platforms, Facebook and Instagram have developed their own live streaming functions that major brands do not yet need to fully exploit. To compete with them, you should take advantage of these live features before they become really popular. Live stories are a great way to:
• Show your audience that you are more than just a money machine.
• Retain and inspire your customers.
• Create shareable and memorable content.
Companies around the world are increasingly concerned with collecting customers on their social media platforms rather than their websites. By following the 10 strategies outlined above, you’ll not only prepare yourself to compete with established brands, but you’ll also create a social media plan that will stand the test of time.