SEO specialist Zoe Clulow keeps you up to date on the latest news in the world of search engine optimization, from increased demand for SEO to the SEO manipulation of Tiger King Joe Exotic.
SEO News: Increase in sales has led to increased SEO demand
This week, our SEO round-up takes a look at whether SEO is getting harder, the increased demand for SEO and the associated surge in online sales, Google’s passing on best practice for video optimization, and Tiger’s SEO manipulation King Joe Exotic.
BRIGHTONSEO IS BACK!
With dozens of lectures over 2 days (25th-26th March 20th), BrightonSEO Spring 2021 is sure to have one SEO talk that you’re interested in. There’s always a lot of variety – whether you want to learn more about technical SEO, content marketing, link building, or even automation, you can register for free Here.
INCREASED INTERNET SALES HAVE LED TO INCREASE DEMAND FOR SEO
With the acceleration of ecommerce since the pandemic, businesses need to make sure their websites are performing at their best or they will be left behind!
From the graph above, we can see how internet sales have been booming since the lockdowns were introduced. But how has that affected search engine optimization? The table below shows that more and more people are searching for SEO, and it helps to understand the importance of making sure your website is organically reachable by search engines:
GOOGLE SHARE VIDEO SEO BEST PRACTICE
Google has shared its 5 SEO best practices for uploading video content. Before uploading the video content, it is recommended that you:
- Make the video public – That sounds obvious, but to ensure this the video needs a dedicated webpage with a URL that Google can access.
- Use structured data – By identifying and implementing structured data on video content, Google can better find and understand the videos. This can also be done for live streams with structured LIVE data.
- Provide a high quality thumbnails – Make sure Google can access the thumbnail. If the URL of the thumbnail is blocked by robots.txt, Google will not be able to access it.
- Submit a video sitemap – This can also help Google crawl the URL where the video can be accessed.
- Accessible video files – Video previews are a feature in search results that offers better content than just a static thumbnail.
how the tiger king manipulated seo
We go back to last year when many of us turned to Netflix for their lockdown entertainment and we received the Tiger King.
If you think about it, we can point out some areas where black is present cat Has SEO was used by The Tiger King, Joe Exotic. First, Joe Exotic changed its company name to rank in search results and steal traffic from Carol Baskins’ Big Cat Rescue.
Joe also listed his Florida zoo – where co-star Carol’s was – when he actually lived in Oklahoma. He manipulated the data in order to display it in Google’s company profile.
Is SEO getting harder?
According to a Twitter poll of over 1,000 respondents, 60% of SEO experts say SEO is more difficult today than it was 5 years ago.
Screaming frog recently highlighted a few areas that were identified as increasingly difficult, including:
- Google is constantly improving the results page, so to compete successfully, websites need to have low bounce rates and affective SERP features.
- Paid ones are thrown away in organic placements. Since the color of the As field is green, it corresponds to the color of the URL snippet.
- Link building – in order to improve the contact possibilities, the relationship between PR and SEO is crucial for an effective link building!
With that we have reached the end of our weekly SEO round-up.
If you’d like to discuss any of the stories covered in this SEO News Roundup, get in touch with our experts today.