If you are new to web design, it can be a little difficult to find the best web design software for your needs. Typically, professional web designers have their personal favorite web design software for various design tasks. Finding the best web design software as an all-in-one design solution is not easy. Depending on your goal, you may need more than one web design software to achieve the result you want. Here is a list of web design software for prototyping, graphic design, interface design, and website building. Read on to find out their features and benefits.
Best software for website design
Here are some of the best software clients to turn to for your web design needs. These will help you get your design projects done with relative ease.
1. Wondershare Mockitt
Wondershare Mockitt is an online collaboration and prototyping tool for website designers to create prototypes and wireframes for various interactive apps. More than 15,000 companies and 2 million users use this website design software to improve their project implementation and productivity by easily managing and collaborating on projects. Some features of Wondershare Mockitt are –
- Develop prototype – The software offers you animated prototypes of the interactive design even if you have no programming knowledge. The prototype UI designs of this website design software can be tested on both PCs and phones. The interactive linking feature lets you drag and drop links to create a relationship between different website pages while visualizing the final product.
- collaboration -Wondershare Mockitt is often called the best web design software for beginners because of the many benefits it offers. For example, it has a one-click sharing option that makes it possible to share projects with clients. The tool also allows you to manage multiple projects by assigning them to different team members.
- Handover to developer -The software has a submit feature that allows website developers, managers, and designers to quickly look up certain features and bring them all to one page, making the job more efficient.
2. Adobe XD
Adobe XD is one of the best free website design software for beginners. It enables your creative teams and designers to create prototype wireframes and showcase software over the web for mobile devices. The advantages of Adobe XD are –
- This allows you to leverage a component library that can be used as a reference to implement established patterns, common UI elements, and more.
- Another reason Adobe XD is a very popular website building software is because of its powerful prototyping functionality.
- You don’t have to worry about downloading / attaching large files as the prototype will open right in your browser.
Webflow is very popular in the website design industry with its no-code tools. The open source web design software translates your design decisions into production-ready code. It allows almost anyone to create a fully functional website with ease.
- It’s a very easy to use platform that is great for beginners.
- The software translates the design preferences into fully responsive HTML codes. This helps designers who are unfamiliar with programming come up with a fully functional web design.
- With Webflow, you don’t have to replicate website design for different devices. Apply your desktop themes and find phone-compatible themes on the go.
4. Axure RP
Axure RP helps many companies with steam line application and solution development. The software uses a powerful approach to application development and eliminates the inequality between vocabulary and skills across teams. The advantages of the software are –
- It enables website designers to develop wireframes that can be quickly presented to customers.
- It helps web designers to work together in a relaxed manner and create an easily portable file format.
- It also has multiple support options like training videos, online forums, etc.
- It has a comprehensive set of prototyping tools to help the designer show the stakeholders what the final product would look like.
WordPress has been in the website design market since 2003 and is perhaps the most popular web design software for beginners, professionals, and businesses alike.
- WordPress has a simple user interface. Designers can easily add new pages, text, and images. The formatting time is very short for WordPress.
- WordPress is a browser-based software. So you can log in from any computer connected to the internet to manage your website. WordPress’ blogging features are very easy to integrate.
- WordPress is great for all types of SEO. In addition, each page and post has its own meta tag words that enable proper SEO.
Sketch is the best professional web design software for handling vector-based files. It also comes with many different export options. This is why you should use Sketch to design.
- The software is 100% vector-based – this means that your artwork will not lose quality at all.
- Sketch allows you to draw your design once and convert it to any number of high resolution or low resolution formats without fraying the edges to ruin the graphics.
- Sketch allows you to use multiple pages to organize your job the way you want. It’s as simple as dragging and dropping things they need to do.
Website designers can benefit greatly from Figma, one of the best web design optimization clients out there. Here are some of the main reasons Figma is a widely used web design software in the industry.
- The website enables you to create variances and use them effectively to organize your library. This makes the software a very effective tool for the organization.
- It has a well-organized file structure system that will save your team time and make their work more efficient.
- The site also has style libraries and shared components and other references to help you quickly create a unified design.
8. Dream weaver
The Dreamweaver website is designed for both intermediate and novice users. With a point-and-click method, the platform can be used for both simple and complex designs. That’s why Dreamweaver is so good.
- Because Dreamweaver is great for both beginners and advanced users, it’s very easy to use. This is efficient software that is ideal for web design.
- Dreamweaver also enables you to create cohesive and consistent web pages and to thoroughly and extensively maintain your site.
- The software has FTP features that make it easy to upload changes to your website.
GIMP is open source web design and photo editing software that you can use for all kinds of design tasks. The functionality of the GIMP can easily rival that of Adobe Photoshop, making it one of the most powerful design tools out there. Here is why you should choose this software.
- The GIMP’s image editing features are very extensive, making it an ideal choice for all types of design work.
- It’s open source software, which means you can use it 100% free of charge.
- You can work online and integrate other design tools as well.
10. Balsamic vinegar: This is a design and wireframing tool that you can fall back on – when you want a product that is quick, efficient and easy to use. It’s a community-driven tool that you can use for any design task.
- Balsamiq’s community function enables you to get inspiration and advice from the works of thousands of other users.
- This wireframing tool also allows you to do version control and easily track changes to your website / user interface.
- It’s a virtual sketchbook that you can use to easily create and test mockups.
If you are new to the world of web design, or graphic design in general, these 10 pieces of software can come in very handy. However, you can find the one-stop and all-in-one solution in Wondershare Mockitt. It’s a very useful tool that you can use for all kinds of design tasks – from web design to mockup design to wireframing. It’s a very user-friendly platform that is feature-rich and easy to adopt. With the help of Wondershare Mockitt, you and your team can create beautiful websites and applications in no time.