As Senior Manager, Brand and Social Media Marketing at Kobalt Music, you play an important role and work closely with global teams to create engaging, high-quality content plans that share the story of our brand across all channels Bringing life to life and making it possible to optimize social media platforms.
You are based in our Los Angeles office and report directly to our Chief Experience Officer. You are a compelling storyteller with a passion for music who knows how to use analytics to drive audience engagement. You are also a self-starter and a seasoned user of social media – ideal for anyone looking to join a progressive, future-oriented and ambitious music publisher!
WHAT DO SENIOR MANAGER, BRAND AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING DO?
- Manage Kobalt’s social media and website accounts by creating and maintaining Kobalt’s tone of voice
- Create and design graphic layouts, templates, and animations for social channels using visual effects and motion graphics
- Design for Kobalt’s Socials, including GIFs, short video edits, playlist covers, newsletter graphics, quote cards, Instagram stories, New Music Friday assets, artist features, and more
- Create and maintain content calendars to support social campaigns, post and schedule content across multiple platforms, and receive balanced news that supports company goals and initiatives
- Create and implement new series of content optimized for each channel
- Manage Kobalt’s bi-monthly internal newsletter
- Use analytics tools to report on social performance and collect data that influences our social strategy
- Work with our global teams to compile and promote major artist / songwriting projects, corporate achievements, awards, and press coverage
- Collaborate directly with artists to produce interviews, documentaries, and other creative promotional materials
- Work with global teams and P&C to ensure our voice on social media and marketing collateral reflects the diversity of our artist / songwriters and organizations
- Keep thinking about how you can make our social content fun, playful and engaging and how you can keep up to date with new social and industry-related trends
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passion for music and experience at a label, music publisher, agency or a similar environment like ours where you have built a strong awareness of social and digital formats and best practices
- You need to be flexible, adaptable, and able to work on multiple projects with simultaneous schedules and deadlines
- Have a deep understanding of social media analysis and strategy
- An example of a high level of attention to detail with strong copywriting skills and excellent verbal communication skills
- Show a high level of attention to detail using Instagram Stories and other in-app design features, including good spatial awareness, clean and consistent selection of fonts in stories, artist labeling, the occasional GIPHY sticker, and more.
- Can skillfully facilitate interviews for various artist, employee or brand initiatives
- Knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign and / or Wix
- You will have a thorough understanding of the principles of typography as well as the ability to execute key social design styles (including GIFs, cinemagraphs, teaser assets, etc.)
- Are a strong team player with excellent skills to build trusting, lasting relationships
- Knowledge of Google Docs, Keynote, Google Drive and bonus points for using Sprout Social and in-app analytics
- Basic video editing skills and experience using Adobe After Effects and Illustrator, as well as Spark AR / Lens Studio, iMovie, etc. are ideal, but not required
- Good Spanish skills are also an asset to working more closely with our fast growing LatAm teams and artists
Why choose us
At Cobalt, we’ve made Creators a priority since we started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we have developed help make the industry fairer and more rewarding for artists. Trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, representing more than 40% of the 100 best songs and albums in the US and UK
We live from creativity and advocate diversity. We are committed to inclusivity and offer all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and realize your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities and a corporate culture that is not only fun to work here, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of race, skin color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status or any other legally protected status or characteristic.