SAN DIEGO, May 3, 2021 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – Rio SEO, the leading local provider of marketing platforms for corporate brands, agencies and retailers, has published an original study detailing the impact of COVID-19 on the local search landscape for multi-location brands.
The study mainly focuses on Google My Business (GMB) metrics such as search, views and conversions from the period of January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. Industries covered in this white paper include: business services, financial services, hospitality, healthcare, retail, and restaurants. The data, drawn from a sample of more than 200,000 international business locations, revealed key insights into consumer search behavior and actions taken in the above industries.
Some of the key highlights and insights from the white paper “COVID-19’s Impact on the Local Search Landscape” by Rio SEO are:
- All industries saw a significant drop in the overall views of their GMB listings at the start of the pandemic. While all of the metrics were down, the biggest drop was in Overall Views, which were down 40% in March compared to the previous month.
- As the pandemic persisted and even routine outings were fraught with questions about shop closures and security measures, the need for information among consumers grew. This was reflected in the relatively high total click actions of May 2020 further.
- Without question, seated restaurants were among the restaurants most severely affected by the consequences of COVID-19. Overall, they saw a 53% decrease in overall views of their entries and a 21% decrease in overall searches.
- Overall, retailers had the most consistent performance in 2020 with limited declines and gains on many metrics. In fact, they saw an overall 117% increase in clicks on their websites.
- Unsurprisingly, the healthcare industry had one of its strongest years in terms of local marketing metrics. Overall, the healthcare industry saw a 19% increase in clicks on their listings, a 48% increase in phone calls, and a 39% increase in clicks on their websites.
The report serves as a resource for multi-location brands to evaluate and review how their local marketing metrics align with others in their industry in a challenging year for most industries. Additionally, companies can better understand what to expect as the pandemic continues to affect the local search landscape around the world.
* Rio SEO analyzed data from 400 global business organizations with more than 200,000 business locations. Our method calculates monthly percentage changes by comparing the search and conversion volume of consumers within a given industry month by month from January 1, 2020 by December 31, 2020.
For more insights and to delve deeper into Rio SEO results, click here to read the full white paper.
About Rio SEO
Rio SEO is the leading local marketing platform for corporate brands, agencies and retailers. Rio SEO’s Open Local Platform provides multi-site businesses with a comprehensive, seamlessly integrated suite of turnkey local marketing solutions and reputation management tools – local listings, local pages, local reviews, local reviews, local reports, and local managers – that are proven to strengthen the brand Visibility through search engines, social networks, map applications and more.
Founded in 2006, Rio SEO is one of the world’s largest providers of local search automation solutions and patented SEO reporting tools that drive business from search to sales for corporate brands worldwide. Over 150 corporate brands and retailers rely on Rio SEO’s innovative technology and local marketing expertise to drive motivated, measurable online traffic to their local websites and physical stores. Rio SEO currently serves Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including retail, finance, insurance, hospitality, and more. For more information, visit rioseo.com or follow @rio_SEO on Twitter.
Chelsea Alves, email@example.com, +1 858-529-5042, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Rio SEO